A Big Reward For Minutes Of Work
For your next taco night dinner, don't slave away in the kitchen for hours. This recipe for easy slow cooker pork tacos practically gives you the night off.
Sometimes we just need a break from the kitchen, but those hungry mouths still need to be fed. With the help of the slow cooker, you'll spend only a few minutes prepping dinner, and then you're on your way to tender, delicious pork taco filling. It doesn't get much easier than that.
Easy slow cooker pork tacos
Makes about 16 tacos
- 4 pounds pork shoulder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light beer (like a lager)
- Corn tortillas
- Pico de gallo
- Trim the pork of any excess fat, leaving some fat for flavor. Cut pork into large chunks.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin and black pepper. Sprinkle spice mixture onto pork and rub in to coat all sides.
- In the slow cooker, combine diced tomatoes, green chilies, garlic, red onion, brown sugar and beer. Add pork to tomato mixture.
- Cook on high for six hours. When pork is done, use a slotted spoon to remove pork and other solids from the liquid and place in a large bowl. Remove bones (if any) and use tongs or a fork to break up the meat. Add a few spoonfuls of cooking liquid to the pork, if desired.
- Serve on corn tortillas and top with pico de gallo.
More taco recipes
Shrimp tacos with lime dressing
Fruit tacos with chocolate tortillas