If you can't have a campout without roasting a few marshmallows for a gooey treat, this dessert is for you. Cool off during the hot summer months with this chocolate- and marshmallow-infused ice cream. Serve the scoops in mini graham cracker crusts, and you'll feel like you're eating s'mores cheesecake.
S'mores cheesecake ice cream
Yields about 22 ounces
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 (1.55 ounce) milk chocolate bars, chopped
- 2 graham crackers, crumbled
- With an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until mostly smooth. Mix in whipped topping and milk. Transfer to a container and freeze until set.
- Remove ice cream from freezer. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in marshmallow creme, chopped chocolate and crumbled graham crackers. (Allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes if ice cream is too hard to stir.) Return to container and freeze until set.
- Scoop and serve in mini graham cracker crusts (recipe below).
Mini graham cracker crusts
- 10 graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pulse graham crackers in the food processor until they are ground to a fine crumb.
- In a large bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter together.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 10 cups of a muffin tin (about one-quarter cup scoopfuls). Press the crust into the bottom of the muffin tins and slightly up the sides.
- Bake for about eight minutes, until browned on edges. Remove from oven and immediately tamp crusts down with a one-quarter cup measuring cup.
- Let cool until set and carefully pop out with a knife or offset spatula.
More recipes for summer
3 Boozy Popsicle recipes
Honey barbecued baked beans with applewood smoked bacon
Boozy stone fruit crisp