Potato salad gets a little twist! This Fourth of July-inspired salad has everything you have been craving — red potatoes, bacon and blue cheese!
However, this time we switched it up and took out the mayonnaise! Perfect for the summer! Instead of goopy mayonnaise and egg, we added blue cheese, bacon, lemon zest and a delicious Champagne vinegar-based vinaigrette. It's simple, flavorful and perfect for summer and the Fourth of July! Look at those red, white and blue colors!
Blue cheese and bacon red potato salad recipe
Yields about 3 pounds of potato salad
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 3 pounds baby red-skinned potatoes, cut in half, quartered if large
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 8 ounces blue cheese
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, red onion, parsley, chives, mustard, honey and lemon peel.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about eight minutes. Drain. Add warm potatoes to dressing; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until you are ready to top with bacon and blue cheese.
- Cook diced bacon in frying pan until crispy.
- Top potato salad with crispy bacon and blue cheese. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
More potato salad recipes
Thai sweet potato salad
Summertime vegetable potato salad
German potato salad