(page 2 of 2)
Creole sausage, shrimp and pineapple kabobs
The spicy seasoning and juicy fruit on these kabobs will have your guests jazzed for more!
- 1-1/2 pounds sausage, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 pound large, peeled, precooked frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces of pineapple chunks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon (or more) Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Thread the ingredients on the skewers, alternating as you go.
- Brush lightly on all sides with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle each skewer with the Creole seasoning.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning as you go, until they are done.
Very veggie herbed kabobs
You'll get your veggie fix with these kabobs. The basil adds a special something to the mix.
For the marinade
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the kabobs
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 1 medium onion cut into 8 wedges, then cut in half
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add the vegetables to the mixture and coat all the pieces. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for a few hours. Reserve the extra marinade.
- Thread the veggies on the skewers, alternating as you go.
- Grill for 8 to 10 minutes over medium-high heat, turning them frequently until they are lightly charred. Use the extra marinade to brush on the skewers as they cook.
Gingered salmon kabobs
The oranges and asparagus add interest to these grilled goodies.
For the marinade
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the kabobs
- 1/2 pound skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 or 2 large oranges, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and whisk together.
- Add the salmon pieces and asparagus to the mixture and coat well (don't add the oranges). Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Thread the salmon, orange pieces and asparagus (thread two or three together) on the skewers, alternating as you go.
- Grill five or six minutes over medium-high heat, turning once or twice until done.
Barbecue chicken, pineapple and pepper kabobs
This recipe is like a barbecue on the islands — sweet and tangy!
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 larger orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup prepared barbecue sauce of your choice
- Thread the chicken, pineapple and pepper on the skewers, alternating as you go.
- Grill over medium-high heat, turning as they cook, for about seven or eight minutes or until done.
- Brush the barbecue sauce over the kabobs during the last three to four minutes of cooking time.
Summer fun means new adventures. If you're stuck in a grilling rut, these kabob recipes should help!
More summer recipes to try
Assorted veggie hummus rolls
Gourmet grilling recipes
Light, tasty summer recipes