Spicy, Delicious And Easy Stir-Fry
Are you one of those people who add spice to everything? Who carries a bottle of Sriracha sauce with them wherever they go? If you love all things spicy, you'll love this stir-fry. Made with a Japanese hot pepper paste, this will certainly excite your need for spice. Just make sure you have some water or cold milk around.
Despite being quite spicy, this stir-fry is still delicious and incredibly flavorful. If you're not one for lots of spice, omit the hot sauce and substitute something more your speed. You can also serve this over brown rice for a healthier side alternative or just eat the stir-fry on its own!
Super-spicy chicken stir-fry recipe
Serves about 6
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup baby corn
- 3 cups sticky white rice (or brown if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup of spicy stir-fry sauce
- Dried seaweed for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a wok. Add onions and cook until soft, about four minutes. Add carrots, broccoli, baby corn and bell pepper and cook until soft, about eight minutes. Reduce heat to warm.
- In another pan, heat the other tablespoon of oil. Place chicken in pan and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until fully cooked. Add to vegetables.
- Pour sauce over vegetable, chicken mixture and season with salt and pepper. Add additional salt and sauce for taste. Garnish with seaweed (optional) and serve over sticky rice.
More dinner ideas
Root beer pulled pork sandwiches recipe
Crab bread pudding recipe
Moroccan chicken recipe