Some of the best Sunday dinners during the summer are the ones that you can get together quickly – and that taste great! Try this recipe for Greek-style spinach and feta burgers when you've had a busy day but need a quick, filling and tasty meal.
Busy enjoying the day with the family? That's what summer is all about! Did you know that June 24 is Swim a Lap Day? If your Sunday includes time at the pool, try to celebrate the day and get in a lap (or two). Swimming is great exercise and a fun activity to do with the family.
No doubt you'll work up an appetite after swimming in the sunshine. Good thing this recipe for Greek-style spinach and feta burgers is quick to put together. Get the pita bread ready and enjoy a great Sunday dinner!
Greek-style spinach and feta burgers
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of its water
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sliced red peppers, onions and tomatoes for topping
- Pita bread or buns
- Mayonnaise or tzatziki sauce for dressing (optional)
- Combine the ground beef with the onion, garlic, spinach, lemon juice, feta cheese and salt and pepper.
- Form into patties about one-half-inch thick. Pan cook or grill over high heat, turning once, until done (approximately four or five minutes on each side. Check with a food thermometer to help ensure it has reached its correct internal temperature.). Serve on pita bread or buns with mayonnaise or tzatziki if desired and top with red peppers, onions or tomatoes.
Great Greek-inspired burgers are only a few minutes away!
More Sunday dinners to try
Whole-wheat pasta with grilled vegetables and sausage
Quick avocado sandwich wraps
Soba noodle stir-fry