(page 2 of 2)
Root beer float cupcakes
- 1 cup root beer
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons root beer extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup vanilla coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cold water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and root beer extract and mix just until combined. Finally add the root beer and mix.
- In a small bowl combine sifted flour, baking powder and salt and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Mix until combined. If it is too runny, add a little more flour.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 15-20 minutes or until they are cooked through. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Pour milk into a small saucepan, stirring often to prevent burning. Mix cornstarch with a small amount of cold water and stir to combine. When the milk is warm pour in the cornstarch and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool completely. Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a mixing bowl add butter and one cup of sugar. Pour the milk mixture over the top and start mixing. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Place finished frosting in the freezer and let freeze.
- When you are ready to serve, scoop frosting using a small ice cream scoop and put it on top of the cupcake. Add a straw for a cute look.
More fun dessert recipes
Edible teacup cookies
Banana salted caramel cream dessert