Birthday cake pancake recipe
Yields 15 medium pancakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 to 1 cup milk
- Syrup, powdered sugar or simple sweet glaze (see recipe)
- Combine flour, yellow cake mix and baking powder. Gently stir together. Add egg, vanilla and one-half cup milk. Stir together and check consistency. You want it to mimic normal cake pancake batter. If it's too thin the pancakes will spread and turn out more like crepes instead of a fluffy pancake.
- If your batter is too thin add a little more milk. If you find your batter is too loose than simply add a little more flour or cake mix.
- Add your sprinkles. As many as you want. Give a gentle stir.
- Over medium heat, melt a tablespoon of butter. Add batter to pan, using your one-quarter cup measuring cup. Let bubbles start to form and pop on the top of the pancake and give it a flip. Cook for another couple of minutes and remove from heat.
- Top with syrup, powdered sugar or even a simple sweet glaze.
Simple sweet glaze recipe
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Mix together until glaze has formed.
- If too loose add more powdered sugar. If too thick add more milk.
More pancake recipes
National Pancake Week recipes
Fruity summer pancakes
Blueberry and lemon-scented buttermilk pancakes recipe