How fun that you can celebrate Father’s Day and Sunday dinner together! Make your dad’s day special by fixing him a terrific meal like shrimp tacos with lime dressing.
Simple to put together and a delight for dad, these shrimp tacos with lime dressing are perfect for Sunday dinner and Father’s Day. If your dad is like many others out there, he likes to grill. Why not let him put his feet up this weekend while the family takes care of putting together this easy meal?
This might be the type of dish dad would grill outdoors, but you can easily get it together by cooking it in a skillet on the stovetop. While dad is relaxing, present him with his card. Consider adding a coupon in his card for an activity you can do with him on another day. Even though Father’s Day is once a year, why not make the special day last a little longer?
Shrimp tacos with lime dressing
- 1 pound shelled, deveined medium-sized shrimp (thawed if using frozen)
- 12 small corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1-2 dashes Tabasco
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Juice from 1 lime, 1/2 for the dressing and 1/2 for the shrimp
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups shredded Iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup prepared salsa, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it is almost clear.
- Add the shrimp and cook until almost done. Just before finished cooking, add the juice from one-half a lime and the Tabasco. Allow to cook a few more minutes, stirring to coat. (Shimp should cook in approximately five to seven minutes.)
- Warm the tortillas, then spoon the shrimp into them and top with the sour cream dressing (or salsa if you prefer).
- Use the avocado slices, lettuce and cheese as optional taco toppings.
Give dad the day off from grilling and make these simple shrimp tacos for a special Sunday dinner!
More Sunday dinner recipes
Whole-wheat pasta with grilled vegetables and sausage
Pasta with smashed peas and ricotta