There are few things better in this world than bacon and booze, so naturally, the mixing together of these two amazing flavors equates to something incredible. With Father's Day just a few days away, why not show your love with one of these boozy bacon recipes? Perfectly sweet, salty, crunchy and boozy, these are perfect for the manly man in your life or, really, just for you.
Boozy bacon maple cupcakes, Bakon Vodka marinated steak and bourbon bacon brownies are the perfect recipes to satisfy your cravings for something sweet, salty and boozy. Sadly, you won't get a buzz eating these recipes, since the baking and broiling process cooks out the alcohol. All you're left with is the amazing flavor! If a buzz is what you're after, pair these delicious recipes with a glass (or three) of bourbon or vodka!
Bourbon bacon brownies with bourbon caramel sauce
These luscious, fudgy brownies are moist, chocolately and have an incredible saltiness from the bacon fat mixed into the brownie batter. Mouthwatering and delicious, you may want to stop at just one so you don't keel over and die from heart failure.
Recipes adapted from Food & Wine
Yields 12 brownies and 1 cup of sauce
For the brownies:
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Dash of salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
For the sauce:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Layer the dish with parchment paper, allowing a little overhang so you can easily remove the brownies from the pan. Grease the parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium pan, cook bacon until crispy, about six minutes on medium-high heat. Save about 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons bacon fat. Crumble bacon into bite-sized bits.
- In a saucepan, heat chocolate and butter over low heat until melted. Pour into another mixing bowl. Add bacon fat and bourbon and beat on low speed with brown sugar and white sugar until creamy. Add eggs and salt. Gradually add in all-purpose flour and cocoa powder until mixture is fully mixed.
- Pour mixture into the parchment-lined pan. Sprinkle with bacon bits. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the brownies are set around the edges.
- While brownies bake, prepare caramel sauce by mixing the sugar, water and butter in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and whisk until sugar has dissolved. Add vanilla and cream and remove from heat. Stir in bourbon. Bring mixture to a boil again over medium heat and stir. Remove from heat and pour into a sterile jar. Keep at room temperature.
- Let brownies cool about 15 minutes. Cut into squares and drizzle with warm caramel sauce.
Bakon Vodka marinated steak
This steak doesn't have any bacon physically on it, but you still get the amazing smoky, salty taste of bacon from the use of Bakon Vodka! Of course, you can certainly wrap the steak in bacon or serve with crumbled bacon for added bacon. We won't oppose that.
Recipe adapted from Bakon Vodka
- 1/4 cup Bakon Vodka
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/3 pounds steak, pre-cut
- In a large mixing bowl (with a lid), mix Bakon Vodka, olive oil, seasoning, salt and pepper together. Reserve about one-quarter of the mixture in another bowl. Add steaks and liberally cover them with the seasoning. Put the lid on the mixing bowl and shake a few times to soak the steaks.
- Chill for at least two hours. Remove steaks from marinade.
- Preheat broiler or grill. Place steaks on grill or broiling pan. Brush with reserved marinade and cook for 8 to 10 minutes on each side, or until browned. (For medium-rare steaks)
Bacon maple cupcakes
These cupcakes taste like Sunday breakfast, only sweeter! Besides the sweet and salty crunch of the bacon and moist cake of the cupcake, what makes these cupcakes incredible is the maple bourbon frosting!
Yields 6 cupcakes
- 4-1/2 tablespoons softened butter
- 5 pieces thick cut bacon
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar, dark
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cup flour (self-rising)
- 1/4 cup light cream
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2-1/2 tablespoons Kentucky bourbon
For the directions on how to make these luscious cupcakes, visit the recipe on Fabulous Foods >>
More boozy recipes
Boozy pineapple upside down cake recipe
3 Boozy spring break drinks for adults
Blueberry lemon beer cupcake recipe