Banana and salted caramel are the perfect pair. This dessert is even easier than you can imagine and the best part is that it's beautful enough to impress even your fanciest of guests. Crunchy oatmeal cookies, creamy pudding, sweet whipped cream, sliced bananas and, of course, salted caramel. The best stuff known to man! This dessert is going to be a perfect addition to your summer menu.
Banana salted caramel cream dessert recipe
Yields 6 parfaits
- 8 store-bought crunchy oatmeal cookies
- Homemade vanilla pudding
- 1 pint cold heavy whipping cream
- 20 caramel candy squares (unwrapped)
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or more if wanted)
- 3 large bananas
- In a large zip-top bag add store-bought crunchy oatmeal cookies. Using a mallet (or rolling pin) gently crush the cookies. Pour into small bowl. Drizzle with melted butter and toast in the oven for 10 minutes until brown and crunchy. If you want to skip the toasting stage, it's OK, but the cookies might get soft faster than if you don't toast.
- Prepare homemade vanilla pudding (or boxed pudding if you prefer).
- Add cold whipping cream to a mixing bowl and beat with mixer until soft peaks form. Keep in fridge until ready to layer.
- Melt caramel squares over medium-low heat with one tablespoon of heavy cream. Once melted add a teaspoon (or more) of good-quality sea salt. Let cool for a few minutes and add to squeeze bottle.
- Slice the bananas into 1-inch slices.
- Take six parfait glasses (or Mason jars) and start assembling the dessert. Add oatmeal crumbles to the bottom of glasses, then a layer of pudding, a few slices of banana, whipped cream and finally salted caramel. Repeat layers until you reach the top. On the top layer garnish with salted caramel squeeze, a sprinkle of crunchy topping and a banana slice.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
More layered desserts
Layered summer desserts
Easy pumpkin parfaits
White chocolate and raspberry parfaits