Sloppy Joes are a delicious and simple dinner for the weeknight. This time we took the flavors of the classic Cuban sandwich and mashed the two. It's a new flavorful sloppy Joe that your whole family will love. Topped with melted cheese, pickles or even just plain, it's equally delicious.
Sloppy Cuban sandwich recipe
Yields 4 sandwiches
- Olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/3 pound spicy Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small lime, juiced and zested
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 rolls
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Dill pickle slices
- In a large skillet, heat about one teaspoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Add Italian sausage and cook until browned.
- Add the ground pork and cook until browned.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, paprika, coriander and allspice and cook for five minutes. Add the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lime zest and lime juice and mix well
- Stir in the beef broth and tomato sauce and simmer for a couple of minutes until thick.
- Divide meat between four rolls, top each sandwich with one slice of provolone cheese and dill pickles.
More sloppy Joe recipes
Sloppy Joe pie
Kidney bean sloppy Joe
Sloppy Joe pizza