A Flavorful Dinner Done In No Time!
No one wants to spend hours in the kitchen after they get home from work. This simple dish is done in no time and all on the grill!
No need to rush around when you get home from the office. Dinnertime can be stressful but not with this dish! This simple and flavorful packet can be done in under 30 minutes and all on the grill. Plus the dish from Self magazine is filled with nutritious vegetables and fruit and quick-cooking couscous. To make dinnertime even less stressful, try chopping up the salsa the night before and letting the flavors sit together overnight. Not only will this be a big time-saver, but it will result in a much more flavorful salsa!
Shrimp and mango salsa packets recipe
Yields 4 packets
- Cooking spray
- 8 cups chopped kale
- 1 to 2 cups whole wheat small grain couscous
- 1 pound medium shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large peeled and diced mangos
- 1/2 medium diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 jalapeño chile (seeded and finely chopped)
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat your grill.
- Using cooking spray, coat the inside of four long pieces of foil and place two cups chopped kale in center of each piece of foil.
- Combine couscous with one-half cup water and divide into four equal parts, placing on top of kale.
- Divide shrimp evenly among packets, season with salt and pepper and place on top of kale and couscous.
- Gently roll the top and sides of the foil to create a sealed packet. Grill on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the shrimp has been cooked through (they will become pink in color).
- In a medium mixing bowl combine cilantro, mango, red bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pull packets off the grill, open to let cool a bit before serving and serve alongside mango salsa.
More shrimp recipes
Delicious shrimp scampi
Grilled hoisin shrimp kabobs
Quick Asian noodles with shrimp