Cool Summer Salads Brighten Up Any Party!
Summer is the perfect time to indulge in a delicious salad. These two fresh and bright salads are tasty, flavorful and perfect for your outdoor barbecue.
The weather is warm, but the salads are cool! The bright and fresh flavors of these salads will be sure to cause a big splash at your next party. First, we pair classic grilled sweet corn with fresh cilantro, bright lime and salty queso fresco. It's a simple take on classic Spanish grilled corn on the cob but in a delicious salad.
The second salad combines crunchy freshly shaved fennel and peppery arugula. A simple lemon vinaigrette accompanies the salad. For a simple protein boost, top with grilled chicken or salmon.
Grilled corn and queso fresco salad recipe
- 6 ears of grilled corn
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper (as desired)
- Cut corn off the cob and put in a large bowl. Add all other ingredients and stir to combine.
- Keep salad cool until ready to serve.
Shaved fennel and arugula salad recipe
- 1/2 pound arugula
- 3 cups fennel bulb, thinly shaved
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 4 pieces grilled chicken or salmon (optional)
- In a large bowl combine arugula and shaved fennel. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl add lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic. Slowly whisk in olive oil and add kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle over salad and toss. Divide into four servings and top with chicken or salmon if desired.
More summer salads
Simple summer salads
Sizzling summer salads
Summer strawberry salad with maple balsamic dressing