How refreshing to drink a tall glass of lemonade while you're at the pool, the beach or at any other activity -- it's the perfect partner to the summer season. If you love lemonade and dessert, combine the two with this delightful recipe for gluten-free lemonade cake.
Perfect for backyard barbecues, summer celebrations or even a weeknight treat, this recipe for lemonade cake, courtesy of Glutino, is super-simple to put together. The recipe calls for a package of Glutino's Old Fashioned Cake and Cookie Mix, which helps free up some of your prep time. Garnish this cake with a lip-smacking, lemony glaze and a few lemon slices, and you have yourself a luscious summery treat!
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Gluten-free lemonade cake
Recipe courtesy of Glutino
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions and bake. When finished baking, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
- When the cake has cooled, use a fork to poke holes across the top of it.
- Meanwhile, to make the cake's glaze, add the butter, sugar, vanilla and lemonade to a saucepan, mix together and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and cook the mixture for about four minutes.
- Allow the glaze to cool slightly. When ready, pour the glaze over the cake and allow it to drip into the holes, too.
- Garnish the cake with a bit of confectioners' sugar and lemon slices.
Nothing beats lemonade on a summer's day. This cake will be a great treat for a summer occasion.
More gluten-free goodie recipes to try
Chocolate mousse with raspberries and cream
Peanut butter cookies
Raisin bread pudding with rum sauce