Fresh organic apricots are paired with lime zest to give this homemade sorbet a wonderful and unique flavor. Cool and creamy it's a wonderful all-natural summer treat.
Nothing compares to the freshness or the flavor of homemade ice creams and sorbets. I adapted this basic apricot sorbet recipe from The Perfect Scoop, but I wanted to mix it up making it something of my own. Since limes are also a staple in our home, I decided to add a little of their tang to the sweetness of the fresh apricots. It's sensational and hits the spot every time.
Homemade fresh apricot lime sorbet recipe
Yields 4-6 servings
- 2 pounds fresh very ripe organic apricots, about 10-12 (I used about 15 because mine were quite small)
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Tiny pinch of salt (helps bring out the flavors)
- 3 drops pure almond extract (you may substitute vanilla)
- Wash and dry all of the apricots.
- Split the apricots in half, removing the pit, and then cut each half into thirds.
- In a medium saucepan, add the apricots and water. Cover the pan and cook for about 15 minutes or until the apricots are cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar, lime juice and lime zest. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, add the mixture and the almond extract to a blender or food processor blending until very, very smooth.
- Cover and chill thoroughly in the refrigerator.
- Freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
More ice cream ideas
Creamy blueberry lemon ice cream
S'mores ice cream
Citrus ice cream