Throw on your sombrero and grab one of these refreshingly extraordinary margaritas and have yourself a drunken good time this Cinco de Mayo!
Grapefruit margarita on the rocks
Recipe adapted from Foodie Bride
- 3-1/2 ounces premium tequila (I used Patron Silver)
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 2 limes freshly squeezed
- 7 ounces grapefruit juice, low sugar
- Sugar for rim
- Fresh grapefruit
- In a chilled martini mixer filled halfway with ice, add tequila, triple sec, lime juice and grapefruit juice. Shake vigorously.
- Strain drink into a small glass with a sugar rim filled one third of the way with ice. Garnish drink with a fresh piece of grapefruit and lime and enjoy!
Frozen cantaloupe margarita
- 2 cups frozen cantaloupe cubes (1/2 medium melon)
- 4 - 5 ounces premium tequila
- 3 tablespoons sugar (more if you want it sweeter)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Cantaloupe for garnish
- In a large blender, pulse frozen cantaloupe, tequila, sugar and lime juice until smooth. Add additional tequila or sugar to taste.
- Serve in a margarita glass with a sugared rim and a skewer of fresh cantaloupe and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 medium size papaya, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup premium tequila
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Lime for garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Boil for two minutes, and then remove from heat. Add simple syrup (sugar mixture) to a blender. Add in papaya, lime juice and tequila and blend until smooth. Mixture will be thick so add ice and blend for a frozen cocktail or serve over crushed ice!
More Cinco de Mayo recipes
Cinco de Mayo brunch recipes
Cinco de Mayo pinata cookies
Turkey enchiladas for Cinco de Mayo