3. What dish always gets you excited when you see it on a menu? Cat:
Braised lamb shank.
4. Is there a food you wouldn't eat even if you were offered a free speed boat for eating it? Cat:
No, I covet boats!
5. What's a food myth or trend you wish would die? Cat:
6. When no one's watching, I cook ___________ for myself. Cat:
Chocolate cake a la mode.
7. If you could have a slice of pizza with another famous foodie (living or deceased), who would it be and why? Cat:
Mary Frances Kennedy Fisher, because she was a literary food genius.
8. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Cat:
Big fan of both. I eat chicken breast and also love eggs sunny side up.
9. You've been sentenced to death for a crime you totally committed. What's on your death row menu? More importantly, what crime did you commit? Cat:
Big juicy steak with black truffle french fries and a bottle of red wine. Let’s pretend the world was run by criminals for the month and I got locked up for being one of the good guys -- smart, sexy, etc. Then we saved the day, got a great meal and were released. All is right with the world again!
10. If heaven exists, what mysteries about food do you want explained at the pearly gates? Cat:
Which came first, the chicken or the egg.
Celebrity Chef Cat Cora recently partnered with the makers of Hidden Valley® Salad Dressings to support childhood nutrition and healthy eating among kids. Through the Lunch Break for Schools national fundraiser, by Hidden Valley and the American Culinary Federation, Cora and 70 plus chefs across the country participated in the fundraiser to support Michelle Obama’s Chefs Move to Schools initiative. Other participating chefs included Geoffrey Zakarian, Suzanne Goin, Russell Jackson, Stephan Pyles, Michael Kornick and many more.
More on Cat Cora
Iron Chef Cat Cora launches Greek oils
Gourmet vegan recipes
Cat Cora's favorite easy, healthy dinner recipes