These hidden ham gems are the perfect way to use up that ham hock and not have any of it go to waste. Plus, by adding chunks of ham to this decadent Alfredo and inside mashed potatoes, you're sneaking in some added protein, which helps build muscles! Just don't tell your kids that -- if they know something they are eating is healthy, they won't eat it. Same with husbands.
Ham 'n' cheese twice baked mashed potatoes recipe
- 4 medium size russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- Liberal dashes of salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup part skim cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup ham, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and cut a small sliver down the middle. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until potatoes are soft in the middle.
- Immediately quarter and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add milk, butter and sour cream. Beat potatoes with a hand-held mixer until creamy. Add liberal dashes of salt and pepper. Add 1/3 cup cheese and ham and stir until mixture is fully combined.
- Pour mashed potatoes into a 3-quart baking dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the mixture is bubbly. Serve warm!
Ham and broccoli macaroni bake recipe
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 3 cups frozen broccoli
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 10 ounces homemade Alfredo sauce (use this recipe)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring about six cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about six minutes. Rinse and set aside.
- Place broccoli in a microwave safe dish with 1/3 cup water. Heat on high for about five minutes, or until broccoli is soft. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ham, Alfredo sauce and cheese. Add in pasta and broccoli and mix well. Pour mixture into the greased baking dish.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional eight minutes, or until bubbly.
Now, if you still have ham left over, it's time to feed it to Fido.
More ham recipes
Tonight's Dinner: Ham and cheese turnovers
Easter ham glaze recipes
Ham and potato frittata