Red cup

What are you sipping on?

Recipes for the "best" Jungle Juice are as varied as college students' excuses to drink (it’s Cinco de Mayo, it’s Homecoming, it’s Tuesday…), but everyone can agree the mystery cocktail is an essential part of the university diet.

We at SheKnows Food want to provide readers with the absolute greatest Jungle Juice drink recipe to celebrate March Madness, but our taste tests gave us more questions than answers. Questions like, is it vodka or Everclear? Who serves it in a garbage can? Where did my pants go?

We don't know about your pants, but find out where the other sock went >>

So we’re leaving it up to our dear readers to tell us the real recipe for Jungle Juice. Just tell us your ingredients and the college you attend(ed) in the comment section below or let us know on Facebook or Twitter @sheknows. The winner will be featured in our official recipe for Jungle Juice, and the college that honed their mixology skills will receive the greatest bragging rights of all time. So show some party school pride and tell us what you think should go into a garbage can filled with fruit, assorted chasers and regret.

Check back on Monday, April 2 to find out the winner.

Jungle Juice recipes to get you started

Jungle Juice punch
Jungle Juice freeze
Forbidden Jungle cocktail

Comments

Comments on "The great Jungle Juice debate"

Isidore July 11, 2012 | 8:29 AM

Once you have talked to a diieittan, you won't need such a book but I guess you can have it if you really want.The ADA has quit a collection. Check with them.They also a have a nice selection of books for kids who have diabetes.

Oonagh March 27, 2012 | 2:48 PM

Two bottles of Everclear, bottle of Malibu rum, 6 bowls of fruit from the dorm cafeteria and all the juice you can get your hands on. And a five gallon jug. ASU baby, finals week in the dorms :]

Lianne March 23, 2012 | 4:23 PM

I had it when I went to the U of A and I'm pretty sure it was just red Koolaid with Everclear and some canned pineapple floating in it....nasty stuff!

Lauren March 23, 2012 | 12:53 PM

Ah! I feel so sheltered. I've never tasted it before... I drank rum and coke on my first night at college, projectile vomited on my bed,in the shower, in my car, and in every single class I attended. I had to run out of the room in every lecture, so everyone thought I had bad diarrhea. But yeah, I switched to conservatively drinking wine with my pinky out since then.

jon March 23, 2012 | 11:09 AM

Ive never had jungle juice but sounds good....:)

Little Bee March 23, 2012 | 10:52 AM

ASU has a great one. UOFA has some good ones too, just make sure to take out the roofies.

Nick March 23, 2012 | 10:36 AM

I've never tasted a bad Jungle Juice. But, you can count BYU out of the running.....