The Hunger Games, the young adult book trilogy that has captivated tweens, teens and adults alike, is about to burst onto the big screen. Fans have waited for the first Hunger Games movie since we learned of the release date over a year ago.
This Friday -- March 23, 2012 -- you can watch The Hunger Games in the theater. Whether you're hosting a Hunger Games premiere party before or after you watch it or you're having a Hunger Games get-together with friends because you don't want to brave the crowds, serving up one of these Hunger Games-inspired drinks from these cocktail recipes will ensure your party is a hit!
Katniss Everdeen’s Ever After cocktail recipe
- 4 ounces jalapeno-infused Camarena Silver Tequila*
- 3 ounces fresh-squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- In a cocktail shaker, combine jalapeno-infused Camarena Silver Tequila, blood orange juice, lime juice and orange liqueur.
- Fill with ice, shake and strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with a blood orange peel.
*Directions for Jalapeno-Infused Camarena Silver Tequila
- Slice up a fresh jalapeno pepper and allow it to steep in one cup of Camarena Silver Tequila for two hours.
- Taste to check the heat level, and continue to steep if a stronger infusion is desired.
- Once the infusion process is complete, remove the slices by pouring the mixture through a mesh strainer.
Nightlock’s Nemesis cocktail recipe
- 2 ounces Camarena Silver Tequila
- 1 ounce lemon Juice
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
- 2 cucumber wheels
- 2 blackberries
- 2 ounces ginger beer
- Muddle cucumber and blackberries in a mixing glass.
- Add tequila, lemon juice, agave nectar and ice.
- Shake and strain into a tall glass with ice.
- Top with ginger beer and stir.
- Garnish with cucumber wheel.
Girl on Fire cocktail recipe
- 1 ounce Camarena Reposado Tequila
- 1/2 ounce spiced orange syrup*
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 dashes classic bitters
- 2 ounces Brut Champagne
- Combine tequila, syrup, lime juice and bitters in cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake to blend and chill.
- Strain into chilled Champagne flute.
- Garnish with orange twist.
*Ingredients for spiced orange syrup:
- Zest of 1 orange
- 10 to 12 whole cloves
- 1 heaping tablespoon whole allspice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups cane sugar
Directions for spiced orange syrup:
- Place all ingredients in saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until sugar is completely dissolved (approximately five minutes).
- Discard zest and spices.
- Refrigerate syrup.
Remembering Rue cocktail recipe
- 3 ounces Fever-Tree Ginger Beer
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- Edible flower for garnish
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Add vodka and fresh lime juice.
- Top off with Fever-Tree Ginger Beer.
- Garnish with lime wedges in the glass and an edible flower in remembrance of Rue, just as Katniss remembered the fallen Tribute with flowers.
Haymitch’s Hooch cocktail recipe
- 2 ounces Camarena Silver Tequila
- 1/2 ounce blanc vermouth
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Italian Amaro
- 3 ounces ginger ale
- Mint for garnish
- Combine tequila, blanc vermouth, sweet vermouth, lemon juice and Italian Amaro in a highball glass.
- Mix well.
- Fill glass to brim with ice.
- Top with ginger ale and stir gently with a bar spoon.
- Garnish with mint.
More cocktail recipes
Pink cupcake martini recipe
Gossip Girl-inspired cocktails
Ron Jeremy unveils his new cocktail
Photo credit (top): Lionsgate/Murray Close