Decorating with marzipan is not just for professionals. This simple carrot cake trifle is taken to the next level with easy at-home professional decoration.
Carrot cake is a classic dessert that is absolutely perfect for Easter. Instead of a large layer cake, it's been transformed into mini carrot cake trifles. Adding a simple professional looking marzipan carrot tops it off. It's a simple, delicious and elegant Easter dessert.
Carrot cake trifle recipe
Serving size 6 mini trifles
- Favorite carrot cake (9 x 13-inch)
- Cream cheese frosting
- Add frosting to piping bag.
- Crumble carrot cake and add one layer of cake, about halfway up the glass.
- Pipe a ring of frosting around the outside up against the glass. Because they are mini, you don't want to completely cover the middle layer in frosting because it will be too sweet.
- Add more crumbled cake until it reaches the top. Cover the top in piped frosting and smooth.
Cream cheese frosting recipe
Serving size 1 batch of frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces unsalted room temperature butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 ounces powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In the bowl of a mixer, blend cream cheese and butter until smooth and combined.
- Add in vanilla extract and cinnamon, and continue mixing.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Put frosting into the refrigerator for 15 minutes before using.
Marzipan carrots recipe
Serving size 6 baby carrots
- 1 roll marzipan
- Red food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- Green carrot tops
- Cocoa powder
- Divide marzipan roll into six equal pieces.
- Add a couple of drops of red and yellow food coloring to each marzipan piece.
- Wearing latex gloves, work the color into each marzipan piece. You are looking to create a deep orange color. After it's mixed into the marzipan, shape it to look like a baby carrot.
- Take a small piece of the carrot top and gently push it into the top of the marzipan carrot.
- Dip small paring knife into cocoa powder and make a small cut into the carrot. This will give it a realistic look.
More recipes with carrots
Flourless carrot cake
Agave carrot cake
Carrot cake cookies