Who says going green has to be so serious? St. Patrick's Day is here and that means there's another opportunity to make some festive goodies thanks to these cocktail and dessert recipes from McCormick®. You can have all the bangers and mash you want for dinner, but reward yourself with sugary green goodness for dessert. Get out the mixing bowls, the sugar jar and all the food coloring you want. This St. Patrick's Day is gonna be sweet!
Irish cream swirl brownie recipe
Makes 16 servings
- 1 package (18 to 20 ounces) fudge brownie mix
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Green Food Color
- Prepare brownie mix as directed on package, adding vanilla. Reserve one cup batter. Spread remaining batter in greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese, flour and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add Irish cream liqueur, egg and food color; beat until well blended. Pour over brownie layer in pan. Drop reserved one cup batter by the spoonful over cream cheese layer. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
- Bake as directed on package for 9-inch square baking pan. Cool in pan.
Luck o' the Irish cake pops recipe
Makes 4 dozen cake pops
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Green Food Color
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 bag (14 ounces) white confectionary coating wafers
- Lollipop sticks
- Green sprinkles (optional)
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding food color. Bake as directed on package for 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Crumble cake into large bowl. Add marshmallow creme; mix until well blended. Shape into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate two hours.
- Melt coating wafers as directed on package. For each cake pop, dip 1/2-inch of lollipop stick into melted coating. Insert dipped end of lollipop stick halfway into cake ball. Let stand until coating is set. Dip each cake pop into melted coating. Shake gently to remove excess coating. Sprinkle or roll cake pops in green sprinkles, if desired. Place cake pops in Styrofoam blocks. Let stand until coating is set.
Easy green velvet cupcake recipe
Makes 24 servings
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) German chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 bottle (1 ounce) McCormick® Green Food Color
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 container (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- Green sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat cake mix, sour cream, water, cocoa powder, oil, food color, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping sides of bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed two minutes.
- Pour batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.
Up next: More gorgeous green treats >>