Love the flavor of Guinness but can't stomach the thicker, stout style beer? Instead of pouring it in your stein, pour it in your cupcake batter!
These moist, chocolaty, booze-filled cupcakes will be an absolute hit with your friends and family this St. Patrick's Day. Enjoy after a hearty meal of corned beef and cabbage (or eat one for dinner, which is just as acceptable). For more fun Irish flair, add some adorable leprechaun or shamrock cupcake toppers!
Dark chocolate Guinness cupcake recipe
Yields: 24 cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/4 cups Guinness beer
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 4 - 8 drops green food dye
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line cupcake pan with liners.
- Whisk egg and oil into a bowl until mixed. Add Guinness, vanilla and milk until combined.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Make sure when sifting that the sifter does not touch the wet ingredients.
- Once dry is sifted, mix well into the wet ingredients. Mix until there are no bumps or bubbles. Pour batter into the cupcake liners and cook for 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, prepare frosting by mixing butter, sugar and vanilla together. Once fully mixed, add in green dye until you have a light green color. Frost and enjoy!
More St. Patrick's Day recipes
Shamrock Shake recipe
7 Lucky St. Patrick's Day cocktails
St. Patrick's Day recipes: A taste of Ireland