Ground Beef And Cheese Make A Delicious Pie
Ground beef and taco seasoning make delicious tacos, but mix them together in a pie plate and you have a savory pie kids and adults will love.
One of the easiest things to whip up for dinner is a taco meal. All you need is some ground beef, taco seasonings and cheese. But even if that seems like too much work (and we all have those nights when it is), here's a pie from Taste of Home that uses the same ingredients, takes even less time to make and is still a crowd pleaser. Not only did my husband and I gobble up our portions, but my picky 2-year-old cleaned his plate and asked for seconds. Any meal that gets a second helping is an A+ in my house.
Southwest beef pie
- 2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the tortilla chips in an ungreased 9-inch pie plate and set aside.
- Cook the beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about five minutes or until beef is no longer pink and onions are tender; drain. Add the tomato sauce, taco seasoning and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for another two minutes.
- Spoon half the meat mixture over the chips in the pie plate. Sprinkle with half the cheese and repeat the layers ending with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Slice and serve immediately.
Other pie recipes
Anytime Swiss cheese pie
Arizona breakfast pie
Sausage pot pies