With just a handful of ingredients, this coconut rum ball recipe isn't only easy to make, but they are super budget-friendly too! The less you spend on groceries means the more you can spend on your dream vacation. Or, if that's still out of your reach, the more you can spend on rum to put in frozen drinks so you can pretend you are on a beach.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart.
Coconut rum balls recipe
- 1 stick butter, unsalted and softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with powdered sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add in rum. Slowly add in flour and sea salt. Using a wooden spoon, stir in coconut.
- Roll dough into balls (about 1-inch). Place at least two to three inches apart on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 16 to 18 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for about two minutes and roll in additional powdered sugar.
More quick and easy dessert recipes
5 Fun (and simple!) dessert ideas for families