What's the sweet surprise tucked into this dessert? Sun-Maid Raisins! Maybe you're only used to snacking on raisins. If that's the case, give this bread pudding recipe a try for a rich, traditional dessert that gives you options for how you devour your raisins!
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Gluten-free raisin bread pudding recipe with rum sauce
Courtesy of Sun-Maid, this bread pudding recipe includes juicy raisins to make it just right. Don't forget you have options -- if you prefer not to serve the rum sauce with the raisin bread pudding, feel free to top it with your favorite ice cream instead!
- 4 cups firm white, gluten-free bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 cup Sun-Maid Raisins
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Gluten-free nonstick cooking spray
- 1-1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 1-1/2-quart baking dish with a bit of butter. Add the bread cubes and raisins to the baking dish. Meanwhile, over low-medium heat, warm the milk and butter until the butter is melted (be sure not to bring it to a boil).
- In a medium-size bowl, add the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix the ingredients together until well-combined. Add the warmed milk, stirring as you add it.
- Pour the milk mixture over the bread mixture and allow it to stand for about five minutes. If you'd like additional seasoning, sprinkle the top with a bit more nutmeg.
- Bake for about 50 minutes (uncovered). When finished, a knife inserted into the middle of the bread pudding should come out clean.
- While the bread pudding is baking, prepare the sauce by combining the powdered sugar, butter, egg and dark rum into a small pan over low heat, stirring constantly, for about three minutes. Serve over warm bread pudding.
Break out this dessert any time you want a taste of a sweet, traditional bread pudding treat!