Much like other American favorites (potato chips, pizza and sandwiches, for example), the world's first brownie was the result of a culinary faux pas! This happy accident resulted from a lack of baking powder. However it happened, brownies are now one of the most popular desserts in North America.
These fully loaded brownies aren't just simple -- they're versatile. A simple box mix and your favorite candy will help you make a brownie that will satisfy your sweet tooth in a whole new way! Use Twix or plain caramel candies for a sweet and sticky treat. Go with Snickers or Almond Joy for a nutty twist. Like chocolate covered cherries? Cherry Mash are hard to find in some areas, but if you can find them, they're a delicious delight.
Brownie recipe: Fully loaded
- 1 box chocolate brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 7 - 8 ounces candy, chopped small
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the brownies according to package directions.
- Fold in pieces of candy.
- Pour into a glass 8 x 8-inch baking dish and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
More dessert ideas
Classic tiramisu recipe
Three romantic chocolate recipes for Valentine's Day
Mini heart whoopie pie recipe