The Perfect Dessert To Share With A Loved One
This Valentine's Day, spend a romantic dinner night in and make a home cooked meal to enjoy with your loved one. Then for dessert, serve homemade tiramisu. Tiramisu is a traditional Italian dessert that's creamy and decadent, the perfect way to end your dinner. I'm sharing an authentic tiramisu recipe with you, a wonderful gift to show someone you really care!
A traditional recipe using minimal ingredients
I think the best tasting tiramisu is made with minimal and high-quality ingredients. There's no need to over-complicate this wonderful dessert recipe.
Classic tiramisu recipe
- 8 ounces Italian mascarpone cheese
- 10 ladyfingers
- 2 small egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ounces espresso or extra strong coffee, cooled
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dark rum or brandy
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- Chocolate shavings for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar and half of the brandy. Whip the mixture fast to thicken. Fold in the mascarpone spoon by spoon. The mixture should be nice and thick. If it isn't thick and comes out runny, use a hand blender with whipping blades and blend until thick.
- Mix espresso and the rest of the brandy on a small plate. Dip each side of the ladyfingers quickly (do not soak) and add a layer to the bottom of your serving dish. Top the dipped ladyfingers with about 1/3 of the cheese mixture; then repeat and top with the rest of mascarpone.
- Cover the tiramisu and rest in the fridge for four hours or overnight. Before serving, sprinkle cocoa and chocolate shavings on top.
More Valentine's Day recipes
Three romantic chocolate recipes for Valentine's Day
Make-ahead Valentine's Day dinner recipes
Mini heart whoopie pie recipe