Serve these homemade condiments at your next party
With some patience and an open mind, you can dip into something delicious and enhance the flavors of your food.
Hand blender mayonnaise recipe
Makes 1-1/4 cups
- 1 cup neutral tasting oil, like canola
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make sure ingredients are at room temperature before blending.
- Add egg yolks, oil and lemon juice into a blending container. Place your hand blender at the bottom of the container. Turn blender on and within seconds you will see mayo start to form. Make sure you keep the blender at the bottom of your container and move up slowly so the oil incorporates evenly. If you mix everything together at once, the consistency will be too runny.
- Once the mixture feels like real mayo, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional: Add some crushed garlic to make garlic aioli.
Homemade ketchup recipe
Makes 1 pint
- 1 (8 ounce) jar of organic tomato paste
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of oregano
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour into a glass jar and store in the fridge.
Homemade honey mustard recipe
Makes 1 cup
- 1/3 heaping cup mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup mustard powder
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- Grind mustard seeds with a mortar and pestle or coffee grinder. Don't grind too fine.
- Place ground mustard seeds in a bowl and add mustard powder, honey and salt.
- Stir in vinegar and white wine. Mix well and store in a glass jar in the fridge. Leave overnight so flavors incorporate. Mustard will last several months in the fridge.
More condiment recipes
Moroccan ketchup recipe
Chili mustard sauce recipe
Coriander and cumin-infused mayonnaise recipe