Use concentrated stock whenever you want to add deeper flavor to a dish. A little of the concentrate added to soups and stews give a rich, slow-cooked taste. This makes it the perfect addition to skillet meals that are typically cooked quickly on top of the stove.
Skillet Chicken With Marsala and Mixed Mushrooms
This recipe from the Knorr recipe site is a perfect skillet meal for those nights when you just don't have time to cook.
- 1 cup dry marsala wine
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock -- chicken
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 thinly sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 10 ounces sliced assorted wild mushrooms
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Reduce marsala wine in large skillet until it attains a syrupy consistency. Stir in water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock and bring to a boil. Whisk in cornstarch blended with 1/4 cup water until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Rub chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Grill in hot grill pan, turning once, until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken from grill pan; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in another skillet and cook mushrooms until tender and starting to brown. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender.
- To serve, slice chicken into halves. Arrange half of the mushrooms on serving platter, then top with chicken and remaining mushrooms. Pour sauce over and sprinkle, if desired, with chopped fresh parsley.
Skillet Swiss Steak
Old-fashioned comfort food made quick and easy!
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock -- beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound boneless beef round steak cut in thin strips
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a ten inch skillet. Place on high heat.
- Cook beef until it is browned. Remove from the skillet.
- Add the water, stock, garlic, tomatoes, onion and celery to the skillet. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch to 1/4 cup of water and stir until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and the beef to the skillet and simmer until the liquid thickens slightly and the beef is cooked through.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles.
Italian Meatball Skillet
Frozen meatballs make this dish go together in minutes.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 16-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2 tubs concentrated beef stock
- 1 cup uncooked orzo (small rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 pound frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In 12-inch skillet, cook the onions and green peppers in the olive oil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the water, tomatoes, herbs, pasta and beef stock, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring two or three times to keep the pasta from sticking.
- When most of the liquid has been absorbed by the pasta, remove from heat and sprinkle with the cheese.
You may also like...
Quick and healthy one-pot meals
Tuna skillet recipe
15-minute quick chicken recipe tips