A Nice Way To Keep Your Roast Chicken Juicy
I'm a big fan of roast chicken and one of my favorite ways is roasting it in beer. Add to this chicken recipe a mixture of savory herbs and carrots, and you've got a hearty side dish as well. The addition of beer serves two purposes: It creates a flavorful sauce and keeps the chicken meat moist. It's the ultimate one-pot meal!
The ultimate one-pot meal
I prefer using a dark beer for this chicken recipe, but any kind of beer should work fine. Serve the chicken with a side of mashed potatoes (and beer of course!) for the perfect night in.
Chicken roasted in beer recipe
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 whole garlic head, broken into cloves
- 4 ounces sliced bacon or cubed pancetta
- 2 carrots, washed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence (or any dried herb mixture)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bottle of dark beer
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, bacon, carrots and herbs; then pour in beer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and then flip drumsticks over and cook for another 15 minutes. Turn over two more times keeping each turn for 15 minutes. After the fourth turn, the chicken should be golden brown and cooked with caramelized beer sauce in the pan.
More roast chicken recipes
Roast chicken with veggies recipe
Asian roast chicken recipe
Honey and rosemary roast chicken recipe