Although these are Super Bowl staples, it's fun to have non-traditional fare available too to help cleanse the palate of buffalo sauce and cheap beer. Plus, these bite-size sugary treats are the perfect game day dessert because they require no fork or plate and can be gobbled down without even moving your eyeballs from the 60-inch TV set.
Plus, each treat is creamy, chocolaty and delectable, so even those rambunctious, unrefined college friends of your husband's will eat them right up without question.
Mini strawberry footballs recipe
Serves about 12
- 12 fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- White cookie icing gel
- Parchment paper
- Heat chocolate chips and butter in a shallow bowl in the microwave until melted, about two minutes. Be sure to stir the mixture at the one minute mark, to ensure the chocolate doesn't overheat. Remove.
- Grab each strawberry by the leaves and dip into the melted chocolate, holding it over the mug to drip off any excess. Place on a piece of parchment paper. Repeat until all strawberries have been covered. Let stand until chocolate hardens, about 20 minutes.
- Grab your white icing gel and draw on lines to create a football. Chill for at least an hour so that chocolates harden. Best serve chilled.
Mini strawberry, honey and Brie tarts recipe
- 12 mini phyllo shells
- 3 strawberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 ounces Brie, cut into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Place one chopped strawberry, one chunk of Brie and 1/4 teaspoon honey onto each shell. Repeat until all shells are filled.
- Bake for at least six minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Cheesecake bar recipe
Serves about 8
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 (8 ounce) block of light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch dish with cooking spray. To prepare the crust, mix flour, sugar and oil together until a moist crumble forms. Press the crumble down in the prepared dish to form a layer and bake for at least 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- While crust bakes, prepare filling by stirring light cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon zest together with a handheld mixer. Once mixed, stir in eggs, one at a time. Pour filling into prepared crust and bake an additional 15 - 20 minutes, or until the cheesecake is slightly golden brown. Chill for at least one to two hours.
- When cheesecake has chilled, sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. Cut into bars and enjoy!
More Super Bowl recipes
Heart-healthy Super Bowl recipes
Gridiron roll ups for Super Bowl Sunday
Skinny Super Bowl recipes