As the executive chef of the popular Indianapolis pub, Champion’s Sports Bar, Michael Vlasich is no stranger to serving up winning dishes for healthy appetites. According to Vlasich, “Adding in unexpected ingredients is an easy way to transform typical finger foods and have your snacks be touted as the best part of the party.”
Executive chef Michael Vlasich of the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown is tackling the task of creating home cook-friendly, restaurant-quality recipes to make this Super Bowl Sunday one to remember. In conjunction with Sam's Club, he's taken some of the most popular homestyle recipes and given them a little all-star chef pizazz to create amazingly simple dishes you can recreate at home!
Are you ready to take Chef Vlasich's Super Bowl challenge? Check out these fantastic Super Bowl recipes from the man himself or blitz with a few creative concoctions of your own!
Sour cream Dijon dip recipe
This quick and easy dip is the perfect complement to either of the appetizers below and more!
Yields 1 cup
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Mix sour cream, mustard and balsamic vinegar.
- Refrigerate until about 15 minutes before serving.
Pretzel-crusted snack roll recipe
Make a double helping of this high-end take on pigs in a blanket, featuring pretzels, pepper jack and refrigerated crescent rolls.
- 1 high quality all-beef hot dog
- 1/2 (rectangular) sandwich slice pepper jack cheese, julienned
- 1 slice prosciutto
- 2 triangles refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup pretzels, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slit the hot dog lengthwise (without cutting it in half) and place the julienned pepper jack in the slit.
- Wrap the stuffed hotdog tightly with the prosciutto to keep the cheese in the middle and the hot dog tightly closed.
- Overlap the two triangle pieces of crescent roll dough to form a rectangle and press together at the seam. Use a rolling pin to slightly roll out.
- Cut the dough in half to make two squares of the same size, and then place them (slightly overlapping) to create a rectangle the length of the hot dog.
- Slightly roll out again, and then brush with most (about 2/3) of the mustard.
- Place the hot dog at the bottom of the dough and roll until the hot dog is completely covered. Let it rest for two minutes.
- Brush the remaining mustard generously onto the outside of the hot dog roll, and then roll in the pretzel crumbs to coat.
- Cut the rolls into 1-1/2 inch pieces and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until dough and pretzel crusts are lightly brown and dough is fully cooked.
- Serve with sour cream Dijon sauce.
Assorted antipasto tortilla roulades recipe
"Roulade" is just a fancy French word for "roll up." When your guests taste these yummy protein-rich snacks, they'll know two things: 1) Why you call them roulades instead of roll ups and 2) You're the queen of culinary snackery.
- 1 (10 inch) tortilla (flavor of your choice, but use 96 percent fat-free for lower fat option)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat flavored cream cheese (herb and garlic, creamy Swiss or sun dried tomato and basil)
- 3 ounces (about 5 slices) smoked sliced turkey
- 1-1/2 ounces (about 4 slices) sliced salami
- 1 ounce (about 3 slices) Havarti cheese
- 1/3 cup jarred bruschetta spread
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a nonstick sauté pan, warm the tortilla on both sides.
- Spread the cream cheese over the whole tortilla surface. (Add a little salt and pepper if desired.)
- In layers, place the turkey, salami and Havarti on the cheese spread.
- Starting at the front, roll the tortilla, keeping it tight as you go.
- Keep the tortillas wrapped airtight until you're ready to slice and serve (you can make them a few days ahead).
- Before serving, make 1-inch slices on a diagonal. Serve with sour cream Dijon sauce.
More Super Bowl recipes
3 Healthier dip recipes for Super Bowl Sunday
A guacamole recipe for the Super Bowl
Super Bowl Sunday turkey chili recipe