A Simple Veggie Side Dish
Recipe With A Kick
You may think the spices used in this recipe are a bit unusual, but this flavorful side dish will pair quite well with a traditional American meal. The spiced carrots are healthy and extremely easy to prepare. Make this your new go-to recipe for carrots. It will be an instant hit with your family!
A simple and flavorful way to prepare carrots
Carrots are a versatile vegetable and readily available year-round, perfect to prepare during the winter months. In this carrot recipe, they are flavored with agave syrup, which gives a warm sweetness and depth to contrast with your main course. For a little crunch, try not to overcook the carrots!
Spiced carrots recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds baby carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon agave syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pan on medium high heat, add carrots with coconut oil, agave and water. Season the carrots with cumin, cayenne, ginger, salt and pepper and stir occasionally.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, until tender and caramelized.
More vegetable recipes
Sugar snap pea and watercress salad with sesame vinaigrette recipe
Balsamic roasted asparagus recipe
Glazed turnips with thyme recipes