It’s not a party without the dip! These favorite party dips are easy to put together and sure to please your crowd, so give these dip recipes a try at your next get-together.
Beer cheese dip
This dip recipe is perfect for a football party, but it'll be a big crowd pleaser no matter the event. Make it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge -- then re-heat it just before your guests arrive. You can make it to serve right away as well. Serve this dip in a slow cooker -- it works best when it's hot and gooey!
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer, any variety
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients in a pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with tortillas and pretzels.
You don't have to be a fan of seafood to love this crab dip recipe. The combination of cream cheese and chili sauce is really the start of the show, with the crab topping adding just a bit of extra flavor. Make it the night before your party to let the flavors set -- then you just have to set it out when your guests arrive!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces chili sauce
- 1 can crab, drained well
- Combine the cream cheese, onion and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl, and mix until well blended.
- Spread the mixture on a serving plate, forming a rim around the edge of the spread to hold the sauce.
- Pour six ounces (about half of a bottle) of the chili sauce over the cream cheese mixture, and then top with canned crab. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least four hours. Serve with crackers.
Sour cream and salsa dip
The best part about this dip recipe is that you can alter it to please your crowd. If you're serving adults, kick the heat up a notch and serve it spicy. For a more kid-friendly dish, use a milder salsa and omit the hot sauce. This party favorite should be made at least 12 hours ahead of time so the flavors have time to mingle.
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients until well blended and cover. Refrigerate overnight and serve cold.
- Serve with tortillas or vegetables for dipping.
Don't limit your guests to chips. Serve your dips with pretzels, breads and veggies for dipping as well!
More delicious dip recipes to try
5 Layer yogurt dip
Top 5 party dips for the big game
Pumpkin pie dip