Frozen meatballs and a slow cooker are all you need to turn a typical party dish into a delicious dinner the whole family will love.
There's nothing better or easier than sweet and sour meatballs when you're having a large party. They're easy because all the ingredients go in the slow cooker, and they're the perfect party food because they're bite-sized and can just be popped in your mouth one toothpick at a time. But you're probably wondering how a party nibblet can be turned into a full dinner for the family. That's easy. Just add some rice and a healthy spoonful of meatballs and you've got a nice dinner everyone can enjoy.
Sweet & sour meatballs
- 2 (10 ounce) jars sweet & sour sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds frozen meatballs
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- Place the first eight ingredients (through the pineapple) into a slow cooker. Stir gently to coat the meatballs, cover with the lid, and cook on high for four to five hours.
- Scoop a half cup of the rice onto each of four serving plates. Spoon the meatballs and sauce over the rice and serve.
Other meatball recipes
Baked turkey and teriyaki meatballs
Meatballs and gravy sandwiches