With a spin on the traditional appetizers, your gluten-free party guests will love and appreciate these delicious nibbles.
Gluten-free brie, fig and rosemary appetizers
If you are looking for some hand passed appetizers, these are perfect with small serving napkins, plates or with fancy toothpicks.
- 3 ounces Brie, cut into small pieces
- 10-12 large figs (dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place figs in boiling water for five to 10 minutes, drain and cool.
- Trim fig stems, cut a small slit on the side of each fig.
- Place a piece of Brie inside each fig.
- In a large bowl, add stuffed figs, olive oil, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pour figs into a glass dish and heat in oven for eight minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Gluten-free lentil bruschetta dip
Everyone loves a tasty holiday dip. With this healthy and flavorful lentil dip, your gluten-free guests are sure to be satisfied and pleased with your appetizer options.
- 2 (14 ounce) containers fresh bruschetta sauce
- 1 (17 ounce) package steamed lentils
- 8 ounces goat cheese or feta cheese
- Gluten-free crackers or cucumber slices
- In a large saucepan, heat lentils on medium heat until warm.
- Mix in bruschetta sauce and goat cheese.
- Stir frequently until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately with gluten-free crackers or cucumber slices.
Gluten-free shrimp and avocado margaritas
This festive appetizer not only tastes delicious, but it looks amazing, too!
- 3 limes
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 4 avocados, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces baby shrimp, cooked and defrosted
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- Pinch of salt (per glass)
- Pinch of pepper (per glass)
- 4 margarita glasses
- 1/2 cup kosher sea salt (to salt the rim of margarita glasses)
- In a large skillet, melt butter and mix in fresh garlic.
- Add baby shrimp, stirring often until warm.
- In a medium bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin.
- Add diced tomatoes and mix well.
- Pour sea salt on a plate.
- Slice limes; rub one slice on the rim of each margarita glass.
- Turn margarita glasses upside down, and dip each one in the sea salt.
- Line each glass with a few slices of avocado.
- Squeeze lime on avocado.
- Add shrimp to tomato and spice mixture; mix well.
- Scoop a large amount of shrimp, tomato and spice mixture into each glass.
- Squeeze lime in each glass.
- Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper to each glass.
- Garnish glasses with two slices of avocado and one slice of lime.
- Serve immediately.
More gluten-free holiday foods
Gluten-free Christmas treats
Gluten-free goodie of the week: Peppermint brownie cakes
Low carb and gluten-free cranberry and walnut stuffing