This Hearty Soup!
‘Tis the season for soups and stews! The weather outside may or may not be frightful, but it’s likely cooler than normal. What a great time of year to indulge in filling and warming dishes like this hearty gluten-free soup.
Paired with gluten-free, Parmesan-topped cornbread, this gluten-free beef and bean soup makes a great dinner, and if you have leftovers, a delicious lunch the following day!
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Beef and bean soup recipe courtesy of Gluten Freely
Beefy bean soup
Serves 8 people
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cups Progresso® beef broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 1 cup dry white wine or Progresso® beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves or 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (15 -16 ounce) cans navy, lima or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook the beef and onion in oil for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently until beef is brown.
- Stir in the broth, wine, thyme, pepper and bay leaf. Heat to boiling, and then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beef is almost tender.
- Stir in the beans, carrots and celery. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender. Remove the bay leaf. Sprinkle with parsley and bacon, if using.
This recipe for bean soup will have you hoping the weather turns chilly -- fast! What a great way to warm up and fill up!
Try these gluten-free recipes
Seasonal veggie side dish
Gluten-free macaroni and cheese
Gluten-free millet "tabbouleh"
Gluten-free Ghirardelli fudgy brownies
Mushroom and green pea risotto