Free Fries Day At Burger King To Celebrate

Burger King fries are about to become a little fancier, thanks to a new French fry formula. The new fries are being rolled out across the country and to celebrate, Burger King is hosting Free Fries Day.

Burger King Fries

Tired of the same old Burger King Fries? Never fear -- the fast food chain is stepping up their French fry game. Burger King announced today that it is "delivering a new golden, crispy fry that promises to create a whole new level of irresistible."

To celebrate the new Burger King Fries, you can stop by any Burger King location on Dec. 16 and receive a free order of fries. Burger King is dubbing the event Free Fries Day and you don't even have to purchase a Whopper (or any other menu item) to receive the free fries.

The new fries will be made from a thicker cut of potato that "gives each bite more fluffy, potato flavor on the inside and crispy, golden-brown deliciousness on the outside." If you're dying to try them, you should be able to within the next week. Burger King says that almost all North American restaurants will have the new fries by Dec. 5.

Burger King is confident its new fries are top notch. "With the launch of our new fries, the home of America's favorite burger now has the best fries in the business," stated Leo Leon, vice president, global innovation, Burger King Corp.

This is the first time since 1998 that Burger King has rolled out new French fries, according to Reuters. Perhaps the best news is that the new Burger King fries have 20 percent less sodium. You can get a "value portion" for $1, and it contains 240 calories and 330 mg of sodium. (This is the size that you can snag on Free Fries Day.)

Competition among fast food chains is stiff. You might recall Wendy's creating Dave's Hot 'N Juicy Burger in September. While Burger King is the second largest burger chain in the U.S., Huffington Post reports that Wendy's (the third largest) is gaining ground.

Tell us

Do you think the new Burger King fries are worthy of the hype?

Comments

Comments on "Burger King fries get a makeover"

Sandy December 29, 2012 | 6:46 PM

Good Job!!! Burger king, Keep those fries coming. They are Awesome, I always order a large order of your new Fries. My kids love them a lot too.

Sunny December 29, 2012 | 6:42 PM

I loved the new French Fries from Burger King. They are real crispy and addictive. Good job BK, Keep it up.

FridaysFriesRULE January 17, 2012 | 7:23 PM

It was a mid Thursday evening and I needed something sweet and salty. I headed toward McDonalds for a fries and shake. I then remembered I HATE the new McD's shakes and that BK still had the old style super big shake. So, I head over to BK and order a #1 with a large vanilla shake. Oh, what a mistake. The new fries have zero taste. I doused them in salt and anything I could grab just to have a bit of flavor. Then came the BK killer for me. They CHANGED THE SHAKES TOO! WHY?? It was sooo nasty!. It tasted like a box cake batter whipped up with cool whip. I actually had to go in and ask for a remake of the shake without all the powder and fluid they told me came in it. I got just plain vanilla which was exactly what I wanted in the first place. But, try ordering that again in the future. Won't happen as that is not how they are supposed to make it.

Jeannie January 05, 2012 | 7:37 PM

Seriously horrifying. I used to go out of my way for BK fries. Now they make me gag. Literally. Vile, vile abominations of chalky potato starch. The embodiment to nastiness condensed into sticks here creates the true ization of the words "french fry."

Kenny December 30, 2011 | 12:36 PM

Fries are the worst in america now. My sons playdoh fries are better! Good job BK

George December 17, 2011 | 1:19 PM

The new fries suck, if they don’t go back to the old fires I will be going to McDonald's.

Dgorky51 December 17, 2011 | 8:15 AM

Don't get fast foo too often but when I do, I expect it to have good taste. These new fries taste like warm, salty, air sticks. They've managed to remove all trace of potatoe flavor from there fries.Guess I'll be skipping BK from now on.

Harmy G December 16, 2011 | 12:23 PM

This is a great move. I can't believe it took them this long to get rid of those fries since 1998.

JohnnyUtah December 15, 2011 | 8:35 PM

I have tried them and they are horrible it's like the "new coke" all over again, I used to love the whopper meal but I really believe this is the last straw with me and BK, I guess one day they'll see they messed up but by then I hope to have changed my food preferences for good. "BAD MOVE BK, VERY BAD MOVE."

EricaVee December 15, 2011 | 6:02 AM

I tried these and loved them! They are much more "homestyle" than before. I liked the old ones but these are good too.

AllyBean December 14, 2011 | 1:02 PM

HATE the "new" fries ate 1 threw them out!

larry December 07, 2011 | 2:44 PM

Sent Burger King a message to complain about their new frys and this is what I got in return... Thank you for taking the time to contact BURGER KING® restaurants with your product suggestion. BURGER KING® restaurants receive many ideas and suggestions from persons outside our organization. However, we spend a great deal of time, money and effort towards the development and implementation of new services, products, techniques and equipment, which we have used or may use in the future. In view of this, it is not surprising that many of the suggestions made to us from outside our company are already known or available to us through the efforts of our staff. While we appreciate your interest in presenting an idea or suggestion to us, it is BURGER KING® restaurants policy not to accept or review any unsolicited idea or suggestion. We do this in order to avoid any possible confusion or misunderstanding regarding the ownership of an idea or submission. We value your business and look forward to serving you again soon. Kind Regards, BURGER KING® restaurants Guest Relations Pretty lame response.

HelloKayleigh December 05, 2011 | 11:08 AM

The new french fries are horrible. They taste pretty much like Wendy's french fries, which are the worst of all the fast food chains. I don't care if they are "healthier", when I get fast food I don't expect healthy, nutritious meals, I expect delicious junk food. Burger King's old french fries were the best part of their menu, so unless they bring them back, I probably won't go there much anymore.

zman64 December 03, 2011 | 9:21 PM

These new fries are awful. Only reason I would go to BK was for the fries they had. Won't be going back if this is what they have now.