Meatballs And Sauce Aren't Just For Spaghetti
Premade tomato sauce, frozen meatballs and a package of pasta are all you need to make a delicious baked pasta that everyone will love.
There's nothing better on a cold winter night than baked pasta. The rich tomato sauce, the savory meatballs, the creamy cheeses... it all adds up to a dish that screams comfort. And no matter whether the tomato sauce and meatballs are made from scratch in your own kitchen or you saved time by buying them from the supermarket, the result is going to be the same: purely delicious. Even the pickiest eater won't be able to pass up Better Homes and Gardens' combination of tomato sauce, meat and cheese.
Cheesy meatball casserole
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen meatballs, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return to pan. Stir in pasta sauce, tomato sauce and meatballs. Transfer to a 3-quart baking dish and cook, covered for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. Spoon ricotta mixture in mounds over pasta mixture. Cover loosely and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, top with mozzarella and bake, uncovered for five more minutes or until the mozzarella is melted. Serve immediately with a nice crusty bread.
Other meatball recipes
Italian-style freezer meatballs
Pepper steak meatballs