Think tacos are the only Mexican meal you can make at home? Think again. A can of soup, some tortillas and your favorite protein are all you need to make these easy enchiladas.
Mexican entrees can be a real treat and are always delicious. The two easiest Mexican dishes to make at home, and also the most popular, are tacos and fajitas. It turns out enchiladas are pretty easy to make as well. Who knew all you needed was a can of cream of chicken soup and some salsa to make a delicious enchilada sauce? Campbell's knew that's who, and they're the reason I gave it a try. They made it sound so easy to throw together that as an enchilada lover, I just had to try it. And they didn't just make it sound easy, it actually was super easy to make this delicious Mexican dish. It was so easy in fact, the whole process took less than an hour to go from prep to plate. It really is amazing what a simple can of soup can do.
Chicken & Cheese enchiladas
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 6 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soup, salsa and chili powder. Stir one cup of the soup mixture together with the chicken and cheese in a large bowl.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the six tortillas. Roll up each tortilla and place seam-side down in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Pour the remaining soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with 1/2 cup of salsa and serve.
Other Mexican recipes
Authentic Mexican guacamole
Chiles rellenos appetizers