Wondering what to do with all those Thanksgiving leftovers? Whip up this easy turkey casserole for a delicious and creative post-Thanksgiving meal. So flip on the football and curl up with a hot serving of this tasty dish...
"Hostess-ed" out from serving Thanksgiving dinner? Keep your family happy by using leftover Thanksgiving dishes to create this tasty turkey casserole. Prepare it the morning after Thanksgiving for a full day of football watching, Christmas tree hunting and game playing -- check out our game picks below! Your family will thank you.
Prep: 15 min | Cook Time: 40 min
- 4 cups leftover prepared stuffing, divided
- 4 cups coarsely chopped leftover cooked turkey (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, divided
- 1/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 6 ounces.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon in 2 cups stuffing, then top with turkey.
- Combine 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise with cranberry sauce; evenly spread over turkey.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise, with potatoes and cheese in large bowl. Evenly spread on turkey, then top with remaining 2 cups stuffing.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with dried cranberries.
- Instead of mashed potatoes, try mashed cauliflower for a calorie-saving swap!
- Swap shredded mozzarella cheese for 1-1/2 cups of diced vegetables like green beans and corn.
- Swap turkey for chicken, ham, or other meat. Sprinkle on some bacon for extra flavor!
Thanksgiving family games
Add a little friendly post-dinner competition to Thanksgiving with a game night! Our fave family games include the classics Monopoly, Uno, Twister and Pictionary. Or check out this list of the 15 best board games for family game night!
More post-Thanksgiving meal ideas
After Thanksgiving turkey chili recipe
Creative after Thanksgiving recipes
Saving food after Thanksgiving