A Decadent And
Slightly Spicy Cake
If it's chocolate cake you like, then this is for you! The gluten-free cake gets an added kick thanks to the chipotle chili powder that dashes its way into this recipe (you can use ancho chili powder as a substitute). It's recommended that you use a high-quality chocolate for this cake so you can enjoy the richness and seasonings in every last bite – but try to save some for someone else to try if you can!
This flourless, and gluten-free, cake is magical, particularly if you enjoy the richness of chocolate while adding a little spicy goodness to your life! Perfect for a special occasion, this is a cake your guests will be sure to remember.
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
This decadent, heavenly recipe is courtesy of Garrett McCord and Simply Recipes.
Chipotle flourless Gluten-Free chocolate cake
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9-1/2-inch springform pan with a circle of parchment paper. Grease the sides and the parchment with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar in a large bowl, and then slowly, a bit at a time, whisk in the melted chocolate. Add the salt and spices and taste, adjusting the spices if needed.
- Pour into the springform pan and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Give these gluten-free desserts a go
Rosemary hazelnut shortbread cookies
Ghirardelli fudgy brownies
Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
Peanut butter cookies
Gluten-free baking flour blend & chocolaty chip cookies