All Those Great Taco Fixings In One Pie
Do you love tacos but hate the mess from all the fixings? This taco pie is just as good as those separate tacos but without all the mess.
I was over at a friend's house the other night and she was in the process of making dinner. At first I thought she was making tacos. But then she piled all that taco meat into a pie plate and put it in the oven. When asked what the interesting concoction was, she told me a taco pie. "Brilliant," I thought. You still get all the deliciousness that comes with tacos but without all the mess. Yes, it's not as buffet-style friendly, but it's so easy and a nice alternative to the same old taco. And since it's in pie form, the kids will still love it. They may even think they're eating dessert... Maybe not, but I bet they'll come back for seconds.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 taco seasonings packet
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce
- 8 corn tortillas, divided
- 3 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese, divided
- Sour cream or guacamole as garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef over medium-high heat. Mix in the taco seasonings and water and let simmer for five minutes. Stir in the enchilada sauce until well combined.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas in the microwave for 15 seconds. Once warm, line the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate with four tortillas. Sprinkle one cup of cheese mixture over tortillas.
- Once the ground beef is ready, pile it on top of the cheese and tortillas for your pie filling. Sprinkle one more cup of the Mexican cheese blend over the taco meat and cover with the last four warmed tortillas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the tortillas. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve immediately with sour cream or guacamole if you so desire.
Other Taco Recipes from SheKnows
Chicken taco bake