Lite Cheesy Cornbread Muffins
Classic recipe gets healthy
Instead of traditional cornbread, try this twist!
- 12 ounces Jarlsberg Lite cheese, grated (3 cups)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit. Spray standard size (plain or decorative) muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In large bowl combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cumin and mix well.
- In another bowl combine eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, honey and mix well
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix just to combine - do not over mix.
- Fold cheese evenly into batter, reserving a bit to sprinkle on top. Spoon batter into (12) prepared muffin cups and sprinkle on reserved cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack 10 minutes before removing from muffin cups. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recommended for You