Gone are the summer days of light, chilled and refreshing cocktails. Now we have to make way for the more substantial, body-warming drinks of fall, featuring pumpkin, apple and cinnamon flavors. Here are a few of our favorite autumn cocktails to serve for the holidays or whenever you feel like cozying up to a rich, warm and wonderful drink.
I love Mexican-inspired cocktails because of their spicy nuances. In this autumn recipe, coffee, cinnamon and cream make for a welcome belly-warming drink.
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 ounces Partida Blanco tequila
- 1/2 ounce coffee liqueur
- 4 ounces freshly brewed, hot coffee
- Heavy cream
- Cinnamon stick
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Warm a wine glass. Pour tequila, coffee liqueur and coffee into the glass.
- Stir in 3 teaspoons of the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Float heavy cream on top of the coffee. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon-sugar on top and a cinnamon stick.
Pumpkin Pie Latte
Get it while you can because Fulton's Harvest Pumpkin Pie Spiced Liqueur is only available through the fall (and you'll miss it when it's gone!). The rich creamy pumpkin pie taste makes drinking your daily coffee a treat that you'll want to sip all season long.
- 2 ounces Fulton's Harvest Pumpkin Pie Spiced Liqueur
- 2 ounces milk
- 4 to 6 ounces hot strong-brewed coffee
- Grating of fresh nutmeg
- Stir together liqueur and milk and pour into a warmed mug.
- Add coffee and stir to combine. Garnish with nutmeg.
CAMUS Candy Apple
A candy apple is perhaps the most sought out seasonal treat, especially in the Northeast, where fresh, locally grown apples are in abundance. This cocktail includes a lovely combination of apple cider, apple liqueur and the very aromatic CAMUS Cognac for this season's most delectable treat!
- 1-1/2 ounces CAMUS VS Cognac
- 1 ounce apple cider
- 1/2 ounce apple liqueur
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- Cinnamon stick
- Combine cognac, cider, liqueur and simple sugar in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake very well.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Orange Spiced Cider
Numi Organic Tea has paired up with James Labe, the nation's first tea sommelier, to give you a delicious selection of tea libations. Here is one of Labe's tea cocktails, featuring apple cider and rum.
- 8 ounces apple cider
- 1 Numi Orange Spice Tea Bag
- 2 ounces Ron Abuelo Añejo rum
- Cinnamon stick
- Heat cider until very hot. Steep the tea bag directly in cider for five minutes, covered.
- Uncover, add rum and stir. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Milky Way Martini
If you love flavored vodkas, look no further than Van Gogh Vodka. Their latest, most indulgent offering is Rich Dark Chocolate Vodka. Partner it with vanilla vodka and butterscotch schnapps, and you've got a decadent drinkable candy bar.
- 2 ounces Van Gogh Rich Dark Chocolate Vodka
- 1/2 ounce Van Gogh Vanilla Vodka
- 1 ounce butterscotch schnapps
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously and pour into a chilled martini glass.
Watch: Halloween cocktails from Van Gogh Vodka
Planning a costume party this Halloween for grown-ups? Van Gogh Vodka has some ideas for vodka cocktails, shots and martinis that are sure to be great treats for adult guests.
More fall cocktail recipes
4 Fall cocktails to make at home
Wine cocktails for fall
Warm and spicy fall cocktails