Turn on the television or step outside to check the subtle change in the weather if you have any doubt that it's football season! Football season means tailgating, and what could be more fun on a Saturday or Sunday in the fall? Wondering what to serve for a great, gluten-free get together?
Here are a few ideas to get you inspired and ready to score some points with your friends for hosting a great gluten-free tailgate party! Don't forget to read product and package labels to ensure a gluten-free experience.
Gluten can be found in many different foods and products, from ketchup to soy sauce to candy and seasonings. While SheKnows.com tries to ensure these recipes are gluten-free, carefully read the ingredient labels of all food and food products you use for these recipes to ensure they are also gluten-free.
Still need another snack? Give this gluten-free favorite a try!
Gluten-free party cereal snack mix
- 9 cups gluten-free rice cereal (like Rice Chex® cereal)
- 2 cups gluten-free pretzels
- 1 cup nuts
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free onion powder
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings in a large roasting pan and stir to blend.
- Add cereal, pretzels and nuts. Gently stir to thoroughly coat all ingredients.
- Place uncovered pan in preheated oven. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Reminder: It's best to always read your food and product ingredient labels to ensure they are free of gluten. If you're not sure, either check with the manufacturer first or move on to a different product.
It's not as hard as you think to score points for hosting a fantastic gluten-free tailgate party!
More gluten-free recipes
Gluten-free peanut butter cookies
Gluten-free sandwich bread
Gluten-free millet "tabbouleh"