With Dr Oz touting his veggie-dense green drink and the increased interest in raw food recipes, juicing is becoming a popular trend among the health conscious. Here are reasons to add juicing to your diet and a few nutritionally potent juicing recipes.
Broccoli Cabbbage Patch
Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli and cabbage are proven cancer-fighting foods. This juicing recipe is featured in The Everything Juicing Book by Carole Jacobs, Chef Patrice Johnson, and Nicole Cormier, RD.
Serves 1 to 2
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/4 small head red cabbage
- 3 romaine lettuce leaves
- Juice broccoli and set aside.
- Juice cabbage and lettuce then stir together with broccoli.
Anti-aging Green Juice
A nutrient-packed, refreshing juice, this anti-aging drink is made with fruit and vegetables.
- 1 apple
- 1/2 papaya
- 2 carrots
- 1 cucumber
- 3 packed cups chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice apple, papaya, carrots, and cucumber.
- Juice kale and stir into other ingredients with olive oil.
Tropical Fruit Juice
If you don't have a juicer, this naturally sweet concoction is a beauty potion that can be made in the blender.
- 1 small mango, peeled, pitted
- 1/2 banana, peeled
- 2/3 cup pineapple chunks
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree.
- Add pineapple juice to thin, if desired.
More ways to drink your fruits and veggies
5 To-die-for smoothie recipes
Secrets of great smoothies
Yummy green smoothie recipes