Date Night Dishes...
Kick up your feet, sit back and relax while your man plans date night. An indoor picnic and a tasty sandwich will be just the remedy for a long week.
Turkey panini with a spicy strawberry spread
Sometimes ladies long for a fancy date night complete with a cute dress, a swanky restaurant and a bottle of wine. Then there are other times when staying in and reading a magazine while your date prepares a meal sounds just as appealing. Taking the time to plan a romantic night in and do the cooking is not only appreciated, but it will save you some cash too. An indoor picnic is a fun way to switch things up and make the date feel like something special. Spread a blanket on your living room floor, add in a few bottles of beer, a small jar filled with hand-picked flowers and some finger foods and you are set. It's not fancy or expensive, but your leading lady will appreciate your sweet gesture and you'll appreciate not having to leave a tip.
If cooking a meal gives you anxiety, keep it simple by sticking to standard picnic fare. This Panini doesn't involve unheard of ingredients, fancy kitchen tools, or impossible techniques, but the end result will make you feel like a true chef and your lady will feel sufficiently pampered!
- ¼ thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 slices of thickly sliced, crusty sourdough bread
- 2 slices of provolone cheese
- 1 small avocado
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- ½ of a Serrano pepper
- 2 tablespoons of diced green chiles
- Brush one side of each piece of bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. On the opposite side of the bread layer the turkey, cheese, and avocado.
- Slice the Serrano pepper in half and remove the seeds. Dice the Serrano pepper into tiny pieces and mix that and the green chiles into the strawberry jam. Spread the mixture on one side of the sandwich.
- Place the sandwiches oiled side down on a Panini maker or on a flat pan on the stove. Cook each side until it is light brown and crispy and the cheese has melted. Remove from heat and rub each side with the clove of garlic.
- Serve immediately.
More panini recipes
More date night dishes